The holiday season is almost here but if you’ve left things a little tight this year, here are some tips for a very gothic festive period!
- Choose a sleek black tree and add silver ornaments and white lights for an understated but glamorous look.
- Or opt for all-purple or blood red decorations for a really eye-catching centre piece.
- Add small bone-coloured plastic skulls to a traditional green tree for a gothic twist and weave a few into your festive door wreath to match.
- Dig out Halloween tinsel and trinkets for a full-on spooky look.
- Customise shop-bought baubles with shapes cut from self-adhesive vinyl – snip out sparkly skulls, inky black ravens or even bronze-coloured steampunk cogs for cheap but unique hangings.
- Instead of an angel or a star, try topping your tree with a light-weight skull, spider, bat or raven – the possibilities are endless.
- Wrap your favourite Alchemy pieces around the branches; belt buckles (how about the versatile Alchemist Rex?), fabric black roses and Swarovski crystal-accented necklaces (try the glammy Crystal Witch pendant) would look great as unusual trimmings.
Simple, beautiful, custom made. This heart shaped, overbust corset is made from black satin fabric. The bust line is embellished with a beautiful black lace…